As a Senior Medicaid Data Analyst, you will perform Medicaid data analysis activities to support Medicaid managed care rate setting activities. This includes analyzing data from multiple systems including the NYS Medicaid Data Warehouse, Encounter Intake System and the Original Source Data Submitter (OSDS) system. As a consultant, you will provide Medicaid data analysis and development subject matter expertise, options analysis, and recommendations to the Department of Health Office of Health Insurance Programs as part of their systems planning for Medicaid Redesign team (MRT) initiatives and rate setting initiatives.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with 6-10 years of relevant experience in a technical, scientific, or related discipline with relevant experience in the healthcare industry.
- Master’s degree or 3-5 years of experience in health informatics, statistics, computer science, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Medicaid data
- Experience working with NYS Medicaid Data Warehouse data.
- Knowledge of database and software development.
- Knowledge of data integration and master data management.
- Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes, analyzing large data sets, preferably in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in reviewing key technical documentation.
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to develop/maintain relationships with team, vendor and client.
- Equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.