Job Title: Director – Software and Technology Development & Delivery
Location: Emeryville, CA
Employment Type: Direct Hire/Permanent/Contract to Hire
Bachelor’s or master’s degree computer science, information systems or a related field or equivalent experience.
The following experience is considered essential:
- Managing a team of at least 5 members in application development, implementation or management.
- Experience managing an organization primarily using agile development methodologies.
- 10 years of experience in software design/development, mobile applications, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, security and/or business process analysis.
- 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience managing a high-performing, cohesive team.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in liaising with middle and senior management
The following experience is considered desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience with the following applications and stacks
- Rapid deployment web platform like Progress
- Adobe AEM
- … other?
- 5 years of experience working in the healthcare industry.
- 5 years of experience in managing external IT service providers.
- Membership of professional organizations, trade or user groups and a pattern of regular attendance at industry conferences to enhance knowledge of current technology.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management.
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to applications, costs and risks.
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- Lean IT, agile development, and DevOps principles and frameworks
- Experience in healthcare from a payer or provider perspective as it related to compliance, regulatory and general industry knowledge